Everybody talks about Eminem's close human relationship with Dr. Dre and l Cent or Lil Wayne's with Drake and Nicki Minaj, but at that place's no denying that the 2 e'er bring the heat whenever they link upward. Even though Eminem and Lil Wayne were from two different worlds of rap, they notwithstanding have mutual respect for each other while competing to top the charts at the aforementioned time. This competitive nature of hip-hop drives the ii always to bring their all-time game whenever they team up.

To celebrate hip-hop's almost underrated & united nations-talked-about friendship, we're taking a look at ten facts nigh Eminem and Lil Wayne'south friendship.

x Eminem Is The Only Loftier-Profile Name On Weezy's 2010 Album, Rebirth

Eminem and Lil Wayne, behind the scene of Drop the World music video

2010 marked the new era of both Lil Wayne and Eminem. Experimenting with tunes is i of Weezy'southward expertise, and he made sure to include Eminem to kick off the 2010s decade with Drop the Earth from Wayne's rap-rock anthology, Rebirth.

Lil Wayne addresses his haters, "The elevation gets higher the more than that I climb / The spot gets smaller, and I get bigger," while Eminem reminds everyone that "the game own't gonna exist the same on the day that I leave it." Although the album never met the most welcoming response from critics, Drib the Earth was undoubtedly a highlight.

ix In Return, Eminem Features Lil Wayne On His 2010 Grammy-Winning Anthology, Recovery

Eminem and Lil Wayne on No Love video

A couple of months after releasing Rebirth, Lil Wayne and Eminem teamed upward for one more time. This time, it'south No Beloved, the third single from Eminem'southward Grammy-winning album, Recovery.

Sampling Haddaway'due south What Is Honey, Lil Wayne reassures everyone that he'due south here to stay, "Then, yous tin go along knockin', simply won't knock me down." At the same time, Eminem co-signs the argument and boasts how he's more than energetic than e'er now, "When I'm not fifty-fifty in my harshest / You can still get roasted, 'cause Marsh is not mellow."

8 Oddly Enough, The Two Came from A Very Dissimilar Rap Style

Eminem and LIl Wayne in 2010

Although both take a large difference in their rap style, both Eminem and Lil Wayne possess the same thing: the ability to string the words and syllables without sacrificing the depth of their storytelling. Let'south too not forget their unmatched skill of delivering punchlines after punchlines in their raps, making them two of the sharpest emcees in the game. Lil Wayne is the guru of most of the new school rappers we know today, while Eminem influences some of the best rap wordsmiths. A perfect combo, indeed.

vii Eminem Ranks Weezy'south Mona Lisa On His' Top-v Poetry O.A.T.'

Lil Wayne and Kendrick Lamar

Eminem loves storytelling, and he surely appreciates rappers who are skilful at information technology. During his interview on Lil Wayne's Immature Money Radio, Eminem fabricated a assuming claim when he said that Weezy's verse on Kendrick Lamar-featured Mona Lisa is 'ane of the top five verses of all time."

"Yo, and the way that I love when rappers are able to tell a story. And don't take to, don't compromise whatsoever of the punchlines," he said. "And it's great to see yous, me nonetheless doing it, you lot know what I'm maxim?"

Lil Wayne and Eminem in 2010

Eminem is probably the most over-the-top rapper when it comes to bashing President Trump. In 2017, Em went on a full kamikaze manner confronting P.O.T.U.Due south. on The Tempest freestyle at the B.East.T. Awards. He's besides a song supporter of Black Lives Matter and gun control laws, proved past the extended version of his 2017 Kehlani-assisted song, Nowhere Fast, "They dearest their guns more than than our children."

Lil Wayne, on the other hand, once said that "there's no such thing as racism" and denounced the B.L.M. movement back in 2016. Back when he was younger, young Wayne accidentally shot himself and was 'saved by a white cop,' thus affecting his views of the police department.

v Eminem & Twitter Honcho Jack Dorsey Donated $1M for Detroit On Wayne's Young Coin Radio

Lil Wayne interviewing Eminem on his Young Money Radio

Still, on the same episode of Wayne'south Young Money Radio, Eminem decided to pledge $250.000 through the Marshall Mathers Foundation for Detroiters struggling during the coronavirus pandemic. Feeling inspired, Jack Dorsey, who appeared right after Em on Young Coin Radio, contributed $750.000 for the cause.

"I heard Eminem doing $250,000, so I desire to contribute even more to Detroit," the Twitter C.E.O. said. "And then I'm gonna match him $750,000, and so we're going to go far a absurd $one million to his foundation then that he tin can aid every bit many people as possible."

That'southward one heck of a style to unite two generous people to donate!

four Both Admitted to Googling Their Ain Lyrics

Eminem and Lil Wayne, 2010

"I literally bro, when I'm doing something, if yous wait through my phone history with my Google history and y'all press '50,' the first affair that volition come upwardly is Lil Wayne lyrics," Wayne told Eminem on the aforementioned episode. "I literally have to google my lyrics to make certain I didn't say something before."

"Oh, my God! I swear to God I practice that besides," Eminem responded in agreement. "Yeah! I only did that sh*t concluding night!" Eminem added." Man, that's funny as hell. I've been doing that for like the last v years. You'll exist like, 'Oh, I knew I flipped this one (poetry).' "

3 Eminem Virtually Dissed Lil Wayne

Eminem on Recovery album photoshoot

During Em's battle against drug habit and hiatus from the rap spotlight, Kanye West and Lil Wayne stole the show. Ye's The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation put him on the tiptop of the world, while Wayne, even though he was around since 1999, catapulted into stardom with 2004's Tha Carter and 2005's Tha Carter II.

On Talkin' two Myself from Recovery album, Eminem admits that diss tracks confronting the ii rap heavyweight well-nigh happened.

"I nigh made a song dissin' Lil Wayne," he raps. "Information technology's similar I was jealous of him 'cause of the attending, he was gettin' / I felt horrible most myself, he was spittin', and I wasn't."

ii What Eminem Says About Lil Wayne

Eminem

Thank God the diss tracks never happened; otherwise, we would never encounter Drop the Earth, No Love, Forever, or even the Young Money Radio episode. Despite the differences in styles, Eminem praised Wayne and Kanye W equally two of the few rappers who 'kept the genre alive' during his hiatus. It'southward always dandy to see 2 rap veterans have respect for each other.

ane Lil Wayne On Eminem: That Boy Is A Monster

Lil Wayne interview

"I did a few joints with Em, that's my man. I can humbly say I expected that. When y'all get on that joint, it's similar a title game, and you win it, and they ask you how it feels," Wayne recalled his 2010 collaborations with Eminem to N.O.R.E.

"I came in with my game program, and I expected my game program to work. When you lot send a song to Em, you lot attack it like that, like, 'Naaah, you not going to do me like this,'" he added. "I just made sure that he didn't body me, cause that boy is a monster."

Side by side: ten Celebrities With Their Ain Makeup And Skincare Lines

Is Anna Nicole Smith's Daughter Following In Her Footsteps?

Read Next